How do you find the perfect lipstick shade for your skin tone?
Lipstick is the only cosmetic that can instantly change your look with just a single swipe. Although the makeup industry has brought us a wide range of cosmetics, branded lipsticks are still the most loved makeup product of every woman.
To enhance the most sensuous feature of our face, lipsticks are a must-have. The bright or subtle lipstick colours in your makeup kit help make you get noticed in the crowd.
No makeup is complete without the application of lipstick and lipstick alone can be complete makeup.
Although several cosmetic products have been introduced by the makeup industry lately, lipstick still holds its position as the most essential product that every girl has in her repertoire. With just a single swipe, best lipstick shades can change your look completely. The lipstick colours naturally enhance the most sensuous feature of our face and also boosts our confidence.
Lakmé, the oldest and the most trusted makeup brand in India boasts of an endless range of lipsticks. Most Indian women will testify that the first ever branded lipstick they owned was of Lakmé. Being the flag bearer of the latest makeup trends, Lakmé has the best lipstick shades for every skin tone and complexion. Whatever be the occasion - a day in college or at work, an evening party, or a date night, you will be spoilt for choices with the wide range of Lakmé lipstick shades.
Although Lakmé lipsticks are available in various textures and formulations, choosing the right Lakmé lipstick shade makes all the difference. The lip shade you choose can either make or break the look. Hence, it is important to choose a branded lipstick that matches your complexion. Lakmé lipstick price range is made affordable for higher consumption.
Here’s a checklist to help you choose the right lip shade for your lips most easily:
1) Correspond your skin tone with the lip shade - First pay attention to your skin undertones - cool, warm or neutral. The best way to know your skin tone is by checking the colour of the veins in your wrist. If they look blue, you have a cool undertone, if they appear green you have warm undertones but if you can’t make out if they are green or blue, you have a neutral undertone.
Girls with cool undertones can go for paler colours like a pale pink nude or a coral nude. Girls with warmer undertones can go for richer shades like fiery reds and nude browns. While those with neutral undertones have access to a wide spectrum of colours starting from pink, mauve to wine shades. You can buy online lipstick from Lakmé using their Virtual Try On feature.
2) Examine the natural colour of your lips - This is another easy way to spot the correct lip shade for yourself. The rule of thumb is to pick lipsticks that are two shades darker than the actual lip colour. This will effortlessly help you get a shade that enhances your face. Still in doubt? Buy online lipstick at Lakmé with Virtual Try On feature.
3) Thinner or fuller lips - Choosing the right lip colour also depends on the shape of your lips or the shape you want them to be. Those who like thinner lips can pick darker lip colours while for plump lips light shades work well. Buy your favourite lipstick online at Lakmé.
Takeway? Sport any shade you feel best in. It all depends on your confidence. If you are warm-toned and you love a Lakmé lipstick shade in fuschia, go ahead and rock it! Red is a classic shade that looks good on women of all ages, skin, eyes, hair, or lip colour. Lakmé lipstick prices come in various ranges for easy affordability.
What Are The Different Types Of Lipstick?
Nowadays lipsticks are available in various textures and formulations - creamy, matte, glossy, semi-matte, liquid, nudes, highly-pigmented, shimmery, satin-smooth, metallic and so on. Each category has its characteristic features that result in different looks.
Some of the popular lipstick range from Lakmé is 9 to 5, Lakmé Argan Oil, Lakmé Absolute, 9 to 5 Crease-less, Absolute Lip Pouts, Absolute Sculpt Matte Lipstick, Lakmé Crayons and much more. You can check out the Lakmé Lipstick price of these collections on the website.
How to wear lipstick?
A wide variety of lipsticks are available to meet different requirements of users - like those with dry lips can go for the creamy options that are nourishing and won’t dry out your lips further. These moisturizing lipsticks come with Vitamin E and other precious oils for supple and healthy-looking lips. Get a lipstick online at Lakmé that best suits your lips.
You can follow these simple points while wearing a lipstick:
1) Prep up your lips - If you have dry lips, use a lip balm prior to applying the lipstick for best results. The balm makes the lips look healthy and also prevents them from chapping. You may apply a coat of lip primer after the balm for longer wear and to avoid the lip color from bleeding.
2) Use a lip liner - A lip liner is a must-have for a more defined look. Draw the outline beginning from the Cupid’s Bow moving towards the outer corners for a cleaner look. Buy lipstick online at Lakmé that matches your lip liner.
3) Fill ‘em Up - After you have drawn the outlines, fill up your lips from inner to the outer direction in a continuous swipe. You can also use a brush for more precision and a professional finish.
How long does a lipstick last?
There are lipsticks that come with the promise of long-lasting wear. Liquid matte formulations are the most long-lasting lipsticks that have a staying power of 10+ hours followed by matte and creamy matte lipsticks. Lakmé has a lineup of long-lasting lipsticks in the 9 to 5 and Absolute Matte collection.
Why Choose LakméIndia To Buy Lipstick Online?
You can get your favourite lipstick colours from the comfort of your home by ordering online from Lakmé. Browse through a host of Lakmé new lipsticks to stock up on your collection. With super-easy checkout process and safe payment gateways, every purchase is a bliss.